Back from GenCon and ready to go! Here’s some more random quotes, so enjoy the show!
- Some people don’t want to share their photos and that’s fine, but those people have no business on a photo sharing site.
- So, welcome to “you’re wrong” day.
- Oh teh noez!
- I’m sure that they feel truly blessed, that you have deemed them worthy of your company.
I’m 5’3″ tall, a bit rotund, have wavy hair, hair on the tops of my feet, and can be persuaded into adventuring.
Plus, I have a prior conviction for burglary.
- … more often than not, mooks deserve to be mowed down. They know what they’re getting into. And if you actually have the ability to do so, you’re doing a public service.
- The bureaucracy will expand to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
- “Why do American children enjoy playing soccer so much? So they don’t have to watch”.
On the general proposal, one of the things that always struck me as particularly poignant about the original series episode, “Mirror, Mirror” was that, of all the evil universe characters, Spock was essentially unchanged. As he explained his role in the evil Federation, and the role of the Vulcans in general as well, when faced with a superior opponent, it was simply logical to align themselves with it to ensure their survival and prosperity. That was always a rather creepy commentary on the Vulcans, and it’s something I couldn’t help but play with when I began to consider what the Vulcan High Council would do when faced with the extinction of their race.
- You can learn a thing or two from mother nature; if the animals are running in one direction, you might want to think about following them.
- The question is, if you think you’ve been replaced, why were you not replaced with a fitter, more well hung version of yourself? We mean, as long there is a pretend “you” running around, that pretend “you” might as well get pretend laid more often.
WWI fighter pilots had a life expectancy slightly shorter than that of ice cream left out in the sun on a warm day, but they still recruited plenty of people. Plus, security officers probably aren’t the brightest recruits out of the Academy – anyone with real talent gets pushed to command, all the geniuses go into science, and the gearheads go into Engineering. Security officers result from people who still want to go into space, but have no talent in any of the high-profile areas.
- This Troper’s theory is that Janeway’s promotion is due to her post-mission debriefing after Voyager’s return to the Alpha Quadrant being the most epic act of perjury in galactic history
Untrue. In every single earth in the multiverse there will always BE a Simon and Garfunkel somewhere. Even if they were turned into Super Mutants.
- have you tried candy and a white van yet?
- I think the point is stop making YOUR PERSONAL DECISION to eat the way you eat AN INCONVENIANCE to EVERYONE ELSE!
- I think it would be far more likely that Earth would become a fought over religious icon, like a planet-sized version of what Jerusalem is today.
I’d probably care more about these huge comic events if they were actually events, rather than “this year’s massive continuity altering circlejerk” which abruptly disrupts the flow of the few titles I follow regularly by suddenly making the main character(s) pregnant, evil, fugutives, or dead
I hope you’ve enjoyed this double sized Random Quotes Wednesday. I promise this will be the last one I post to the RPG queue for a while.